Breastfeeding is natural, but it is not entirely instinctive for either mothers or babies. The Nursing Mother's Companion has been among the best-selling books on breastfeeding for 25 years, and is respected and recommended by professionals and well loved by new parents for its encouraging and accessible style. Kathleen Huggins equips breastfeeding mothers with all the information they need to overcome potential difficulties and nurse their babies successfully from the first week through the toddler years, or somewhere in between. This fully updated and extensively revised edition provides new information on topics such as:
- Nursing after a cesarean
- How to resume breastfeeding after weaning (relactation)
- Nursing a near-term (3-to-5 weeks premature) baby
- Treating postpartum headaches and nausea
- Nutritional supplements to alleviate postpartum depression
- Sharing a baby with baby (co-sleeping) and the risk of SIDS
- Introducing solid foods
- Expressing, storing, and feeding breast milk
- Reviews of breast pumps Readers will also find Huggins's indispensable problem-solving survival guides, set off by colored bands on the pages for quick reference, as well as appendices on determining baby's milk needs in the first six weeks and the safety of various drugs during breast-feeding. Now more than ever, The Nursing Mother's Companion is the go-to guide every new mother should have at hand.
- Pages: 352
- Publisher: Harvard Common Press,U.S.
- Published: 16th September 2010
- Language: English
- ISBN: 9781558327207
- Category: Health & Fitness
Reviews of The Nursing Mother's Companion
Read customer reviews on this product. If you have read this book, why not post your own review?